Know Your Tour Aircraft
There are a number of helicopter tour companies in Hawaii all using different aircraft with different configurations. Its important you ask yourself or the company you are considering flying with these questions before committing to your tour:
- Do I want to have a private tour or am I prepared to share my helicopter with other people?
- Do I want to fly doors on or doors off?
- Do I have a guaranteed window seat or will I be happy being allocated a middle seat?
- How clean is my aircraft , my headset and the surface areas I will be touching?
- What is the safety record of the company?
- Will my tour be cancelled if there isn’t sufficient passengers traveling ?
- Will my tour take off in adverse weather conditions ?
Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours only offers private tours. One pilot and upto 3 passengers – all from the same group or family. Maximum weight per seat 285lbs and no more than 2 passengers over 200lbs.
- Doors on or Off
- Guaranteed Window Seat
- Strictly Private Tour
Other Hawaiian Tour Operators
The most common tour aircraft in Hawaii is the H-130 or EC130 made by Airbus. This is a 7 (sometimes 8) seat helicopter with at least 6 passengers. There are 3 middle seats on each aircraft and no option for doors off. Whilst it is possible to have a private tour it would require you to purchase all 6/7 seats.
Our Salute to Medical Workers
If you are in the medical profession and have been on the front line for COVID-19 response , please identify yourself when you are making a booking . We have a special gift for you. We thank and salute you.